Recent Nashville Weddings

I've thought before that I should use this blog as a sort of "diary" for weddings I'm involved. Maybe I'll get it with it and do it more, and who knows there could be a book out of this some day.

A few things that happened recently in weddings made me come back to this idea of blogging the weddings.

The Singing Ring Bearer and Flower Girl


At a wedding at Sprng Haven Mansion in Hendersonville, I believe I witnessed the cutest ring bearer and flower girl I've ever seen, and also have a great idea for you to help get your little ones down the aisle. How many times have I seen the ring beater and or flower girl not make it! In this case the two were coming down together holding hands and the director the wedding told them to sing a song as they went down.

The song was "step to-gether, step to-gether." I couldn't make out what they were "singing" until they got about half way down, but you could tell from the git go that they were really having fun. So give your flower girl and ring bearer a song to sing!


The Vows Heard Around Nashville

Another took place at the Nashville City Club on the twentieth floor of the Suntrust Bank in downtown Nashville. This was actually a vow renewal ceremony, but done pretty much like any ceremony and with a large number of guests in attendance.

When visiting with couples in my home about my ceremony, I often mention that guests sometimes complain because they can't hear the couple. So I tell couples, to speak up. Well, this groom really did speak up! The guests got a nice chuckle out of it. I have to say it was much better than the times when even I can barely hear the couple though I am standing right there.

Clinton and Gore the Almost Wedding Attendees

When I arrived for a wedding at the Hermitage Hotel, the groom told me that Bill Clinton and Al Gore had just dined in the restaurant (they were in town for Ned McWherther's funeral service). The father of the groom sat right next to them and invited them to the wedding. Ok, it was highly unlikely they would come, but it's something for the couple to talk about right?

Glad you found my site

I'm Ralph Griggs, a minister who helps many couples with their wedding ceremonies. That takes me to just about every wedding venue in the Nashville area. Finding just the right place for your wedding is very important, so I decided to offer in these posts my reviews on wedding site locations around Nashville. Take a look & you might discover the perfect location for your wedding.

Need a minister for your Nashville area wedding? Click here for info.

Save $60 on your TN marriage license with my At-Home Marriage Education Guide.
Watch a short slide-show video about the At-Home Marriage Education Guide at the bottom of this page.