Kennesaw Farms Baber House Wedding

This last Saturday I officiated a wedding at the Baber House in Hendersonville. If you'll recall, that's the day that a cold front blew in. The winds really started whipping in the early afternoon, and this wedding was at 2 pm.

Everything went fine, but it the wind was blowing so hard during the ceremony that the bride's veil was sticking straight out, and at one point was sticking right in the face of the groom. We all had to stop and laugh at that one. I'm sure it made for some great pictures that the couple will look back on and have good laugh.




For those looking for a wedding location south of Nashville, a number of couples are choosing the Smyrna Town Centre. It's a short drive off of I-24 and is across from the Smyrna airport. The restaurant is known throughout the area for its great buffets during the week, so I suspect that the food they prepare for weddings is very good too.

They have a number of rooms and set-ups to choose from for weddings. Below you can see a picture of a set up for a wedding.


During this ceremony, the bride surprised the groom by singing him a song.  It was right after they lit their unity candle, and first a young man started singing, and then the best man slipped a microphone to the bride and she joined in for the duet.

I've seen brides or grooms sing a song like this a few times. Not just anybody can pull it off, but this bride did quite well and had a beautiful voice.

Glad you found my site

I'm Ralph Griggs, a minister who helps many couples with their wedding ceremonies. That takes me to just about every wedding venue in the Nashville area. Finding just the right place for your wedding is very important, so I decided to offer in these posts my reviews on wedding site locations around Nashville. Take a look & you might discover the perfect location for your wedding.

Need a minister for your Nashville area wedding? Click here for info.

Save $60 on your TN marriage license with my At-Home Marriage Education Guide.
Watch a short slide-show video about the At-Home Marriage Education Guide at the bottom of this page.